Thursday, July 26, 2007

Surprise!

Karate was awesome last night. As I predicted, it was a good work out. I know in my last post that I said I was hoping to test for my next belt by October or sooner. Well, guess what?!

Yes! I test in 2 weeks! I'm excited. I wasn't thinking that I would be testing quite this soon but when I talked with my instructor he said that I was ready! I'm going to be testing for my 4th grade green belt in AKS. In AKS it counts backwards as you go up in rank until you get to black belt. Everyone starts at white belt then goes to 8th grade yellow etc...until you get to 2nd grade brown. Then you go to black belt. After this upcoming test I will be a 4th grade green belt. Then after that I will work towards a 3rd grade brown.

As with every upcoming test I will be cramming. I always do. I really need to work on my kata as I haven't had much time to do that. You can bet that between now and testing I will be spending a lot of time practicing when the kids are sleeping. Think I could put them to bed at 6pm instead of 8pm? It's a nice thought but somehow I don't think so. LOL It just means that after 8 I'll do my practicing, not to mention when they are down for a nap. So wish me luck! I know I said that in my last post, but I really need it!

3 comments:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

I've always wanted to do Karate, because as a woman, I would think it really has to make you feel empowered.

Good luck on your test and keep us posted!!!

Kristen Blessing Madl said...

That's fantastic! Keep up the great work! My kickboxing starts in a few days and I am sooooooo excited! Three days a week...WOOHOO! GOOD LUCK,even though you don't need it...

I don't know why you think you need luck, look at all your accomplishing at the same time...guitar, karate, writing class, training for bike tour..etc...the list goes on and on!

We should start calling you Superwoman!You have wayyy more energy than all of us put together. Look at me, I only have energy for one thing at a time...Your doing great!

Fat 2 Fit said...

rock on with yer bad self!