Wednesday, July 25, 2007

aiyah!

Karate is a great thing for me. It really helps keep me motivated to keep going. I have goals for that and it translates into goals in other parts of my life. It's a wonderful thing! Been a little home bound this week because I'm packing an extra little one and no room in the bike trailer for her. However that doesn't mean I can't get my workout in. Let me tell you that carrying two little ones at the same time can be a real workout. Yesterday I had one in the backpack and one in the frontpack and walked for 45 minutes. I was sweating by the time I was done! It was great!

Tonight I get to go to karate, have someone coming over to watch the kids. I'm looking forward to it. We always do a lot of kicks and punches in low stances so I get a good workout. Plus the self-defense that we learn is always good! I'm hoping by October to be able to test for my next belt, if not sooner. It will depend on how often I can get to karate during the summer. It's a busy time of year for us, so it's nice when I can get to karate at least once a week right now. 4 more belts until I get to black! WooHoo. I'm hoping to get there in 3 years so wish me luck!

2 comments:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

WOW! Two kids and walking for 45 minutes is incredible. That is very impressive!!!

Kristen Blessing Madl said...

Three years, with your energy it will be one at the most! Wink!