Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Next Belt

Yes!!! I passed! I'm geeked about it. I am now a 4th grade green belt in AKS. I think that is so cool. I have to say that the test was not as nerve racking as I thought it would be. Usually the instructor runs you through everything that you have learned from the begining of class to date. Those of us that were testing started at our belt requirements and worked backwards to the begining. We didn't get through everything. But what we did cover we covered thoroughly. My legs and feet are feeling it today. It was also very humid out. I think my deodorant gave out about 15 minutes into class. Sweat was rolling off everyone! It was great though. Now it's on to training for my 3rd grade brown belt. Can't believe I'm this far already but I am happy about it.

As for the cycling, that has taken a backseat at the moment. With the past month being so busy I haven't had much of a chance to ride. I'm looking forward to school starting because I keep a much better routine then. And with the oldest child in school I am hoping to get out more on the bike. I need to put the bike trailer I bought to good use! Also, maybe by then the weather won't be so humid. Ugh. Talk about a motivation killer. I'm doing some exercises inside but not wanting to go for that bike ride, hike or otherwise with weather like this. Hats off to those of you who do. Feel free to pass on some of that motivation to me!

4 comments:

Kristen Blessing Madl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! AWESOME GIRL!!! Never doubt yourself, you rock!

Kristen Blessing Madl said...

Also, I know what you mean with the heat...don't sweat it! <<<- Get it!!...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So corny aren't I...hehehe

Seriously, it can take away all my motivation too...but good news, my favorite season is around the corner...Fall, and with that comes, alot of energy!!!

I know I just had some down time and my body needed that...and I feel so much better giving myself a break and your busier than me...

Take it easy, you'll get back on your bike soon enough...Remember, your SUPERWOMAN!!;)

Fat 2 Fit said...

Woo Hoo! THat's awesome! You are not only progressing in Karate, you are getting thin. I am getting jealous! ;)

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

Congrats! That is awesome. I hope I never make you mad enough that you will kick my butt. ;)