Thursday, August 30, 2007

Angel Eyes...

I hate doing arm exercises! I don't know what it is about them that I don't like. Maybe becuase I don't have a lot of upper body strength compared to my lower body. Whatever it is I think they suck. However, I have decided that I need to get the upper body toned up some. So lifting my two little ones ( 20 and 30lbs) is my form of "weight lifting" and it is more fun for me cause they are usually laughing. The problem is the number of repetitions that I can do. Not many and the kids are always asking for more! There's motivation for you. Nothing like a couple pleading angel eyed kids with cartoon hearts popping out of them as they ask you to do it one more time. How can I refuse? Now all I have to do is get my butt out of bed to get on that bike. Somehow a 5am alarm isn't very appealing! F2F and NAA...wished you lived closer, I could really use the motivation.

4 comments:

Fat 2 Fit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fat 2 Fit said...

Hey flabulous... I am NOT getting out of bed at 5-anything... I have the luxury of hubby having a more allowing schedule than you to be home. :) so don't sweat it.... exercise is exercise! And I get out in the afternoon.... not in the morning!

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

I wished we all lived closer too. That would be very fun. But maybe you can find someone local to do stuff with. Have you looked into any local biking clubs? I hear they are great.

Flabulous Mom said...

I know exercise is exercise but somehow training for the Wish-A-Mile doesn't seem right if I don't get on my bike. I keep trying though. The scool year is a much more routine time so here's hoping. And thanks for the tip about a bike club. Never even thought of that. I may check through my MOPS group too. Maybe someone there is looking for an exercise partner.