Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A good workout...

As most days with karate, it's a good workout. In the summer class is usually moved outside due to building closure. Last night was the first night outside and let me tell you I could feel the heat and it didn't even get that hot here! I mean it was only about 68F here and yet sweat was pouring off me. The reason: It was a good workout! A half hour or more on kata and I was definately feeling the burn. I'm excited though because it was 1/2 hour of continuous workout, with out stopping for a break, and even though I was sweating I felt great. I was able to maintain conversation without the huffing and puffing. This tells me that my workouts are paying off in building up my endurance. I wasn't as tired as I usually am after a good workout. I'm excited about that. Maybe I'll be able to handle that "small" bike ride I signed up for in July after all. :)

2 comments:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

I'm sure you can handle it!

That sounds fun doing that outside. Something different for sure.

Kristen Blessing Madl said...

You'll be fine for the bike ride, no problem at all!