Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The cake did it!

Ok, so I'm trying to be good about what I eat and getting in some exercise. I have been doing some weights and walking to keep me moving. And karate is twice a week. But this past weekend we had a birthday party for the kids. The kids had a great time and lots of people came. It was nice. However, the following day I think I had the effects of too much sugar! :) Is that possible? Yes, not that I want to admit it since I am a sugar freak. Cake. It was yummy, frosting covered, yellow/chocolate cake. I have to say that it tasted great! But with the cake there was lemonade, punch, pizza and pop, also. I'm sure that the sugar from the drinks and empty carbs fromt he pizza didn't help. The next day I was tired and had no motivation what-so-ever. Not for a walk or weights. Probably because I had 2 pieces of cake instead of one. Definately the cake. lol

4 comments:

Fat 2 Fit said...

Tell me about it! I forced a bike ride that next day - it was brutal! LOL.... but the fear from that book I am reading kept me moving. ;)

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

sugar is a drug, I'm telling ya! It does crazy things to ya!

Kristen Blessing Madl said...

Sounds like you had a great time and that is all that matters..sometimes we just have to have the cake, especially if we have deprived ourselves of it for awhile...

Plus, our kids are young only once, someday there won't be cake around as much and think of all the great memeories your making with them...

Knowing you, you had it burned off the following day...you never have to worry. Glad you had a great time!

Flabulous Mom said...

LOL...F2F I think that I need to start reading books like you are. If I get the crap scared out of me then maybe I would move a little faster. :)