Saturday, May 31, 2008

Monkeying Around

The few days ago we (my little crew and hubby) went to the park so the kids could enjoy a change of scenry. While there, and in attempt to encouarge my oldest that exercise can be fun, my hubby challenges myself and son to hang with our chins above the monkey bars for as long as we can. (Mind you my hubby does pull-ups that are really smooth!) Did any of you have to do that when you were in HS? I remember having to do it and how awful I was at it. Well, things haven't changed much. Though I did put in a better effort it was still sad to watch. Not only that we were swinging rung to rung to get across and timing it. Yeah.....My hubby: 5 sec. My son: 9 sec. Myself: 28sec!!!! 28Sec?! %$#@! What the heck? I couldn't seem to get my body coordinated with my arms so that my swing would help propel me forward. What a sad representation for women! I obviously found something I need to work at. :)

3 comments:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. Though I'm sure you could improve with work, you'll never be as fast as a man. We're just not built that way. But good job for doing it anyway!!

Fat 2 Fit said...

Rose,
you are doing amazingly well! Don't beat yourself up.... Your husband is a farmer, and.. well.... a man! You can't beat him at stuff like that... But see how long he could last pregnant!! ;)

Flabulous Mom said...

LOL F2F! I would love to see a man handle pregnancy! That would be too funny!