Friday, May 9, 2008

Just call me Grace!

So this past weekend was a lot of fun! My oldest son and I went to a karate seminar in Toledo, OH. It was a lot of fun and a great workout! 6 hours worth! By the time I was done, I was tired. Now you would think that if I can do kata (granted, not very pretty yet), weild some weaponry, fall without causing major injury to myself, and perform some self defense that I would be a little bit coordinated. I can chew gum and walk after all. Sometimes I can even talk on the phone while doing that too! So what happens on Sunday? Well, as I was walking down the back porch stairs and fell as I was hitting the last step. How it happened for sure I don't know. All I know is that by the time I realized that I was going to fall it was to late to pull back my body becuase the momentum was already to far in the other direction. I landed on my right ankle. Initially I thought I might have broken it but fortuately that wasn't the case. It is surely sparined though. I have been hobbling around all week. UGH! I did do laps in the pool on Monday but found that I could only do the crawl and very slow at that. I had to skip karate on Monday, although I did try it on Wednsday. Still sore. Yesterday I thought I would just do a little garden work on our back hill. Bad idea, that made it even more sore. I just have to give it a little more of a break. How frustrating is that?! What makes me feel worse is that I have really been on a roll with my workouts. Been doing great and now I have to back it down so much that I'm afraid that by the time I get back into it I'll be starting all over again. Oh well. Can you say "Grace"?

3 comments:

Kristen Blessing Madl said...

Better to back it down now and start over again then make it worse and really be off of it a long time. Hang in there!

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

well first of all Karate for 6 hours! That's awesome. I'm extremely impressed.

secondly, sorry about your fall. I know what you mean about coordination. I just fell off my bike last week and I feel like such a klutz. Hope you feel better soon!

Fat 2 Fit said...

I am impressed with 6 hours of any physical activity!

Sorry to hear about the fall, hope it gets better soon! It is so frustrating to get on a roll and then have something like that happen!