Friday, April 25, 2008

Lovin' Spring

Ok, it's been a long winter and I am definately ready for this spring/summer. It has been so nice to be outside! I have been trying to get in some good cardio outside now as oppose to the gym. Hiking is wonderful!! In the last week I've hiked four days! It felt awesome! The warm weather, sun, nice breeze and a toddler on my back, what more can you ask for? Yes, spring has arrived!!

I've been trying to keep up on swimming at least once a week. It's easier now that my 3 year old has to go for a swim class. I can do 1/2 hour of laps while she is participating in her class. And because I don't want her to miss a class I will make much more effort to be there. Motivation comes in many forms. :)

On top of that I finally took my bike in to have a longer stem put on the handlebars. What a difference that makes. I took it for a short spin and I can already tell that my neck won't bother me as much. They tuned it up for me also. Now there are no excuses! I'm loooking forward to putting some miles on it now. Between the hiking, swimming, karate and bike rides I really hope to boost my fitness level. Now I just have to stick with it!

2 comments:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

awesome job!! You'll be ready for another triathalon next year!

Kristen Blessing Madl said...

WOW!!! Your exercise regimen sounds like my spring cleaning one but yours is healthy!...hehehe