Saturday, January 12, 2008

First Workout Of The Year

Ok, I'm excited. Finally after a busy holiday season things are slowing down and everyone is healthy. Which got me to thinking that maybe we (my family and I) should do something together to stay fit/healthy. So after some research our family now had a YMCA membership. I'm really excited about that because I feel like that has given me back the opportunity to workout with out kids crawling under me when I am in downward-dog pose. Not only that I will be able to take the kids to the pool during any weather and that is always a lot of fun for them.

So yesterday was my first workout in quite a while. I was able to do 20 minutes on the stair stepper, 1o minutes on the eliptical machine, and 40 minutes on the weight machines. I know that on the weight machines I probably should be doing more reps but seeing as how I was figuring out the adjustments on them and what they do, I figured that doing 2 reps of 10 on each was good enough. It felt really good to be able to do that. I am a little sore today but not to bad. The cool thing is that my kids had lots of fun while I was working out. I am hoping to be able to start a regular MWF workout routine and take the kids swimming on the weekends. I'm geeked! So Hooray for the Y!

3 comments:

Fat 2 Fit said...

Now the question is, how am I going to keep up with you during this ride in July? :) We should try to pick out a few weekends this summer for longer rides. Maybe the kids will tolerate longer rides in the trailers if they can stop and play a few times along the way. :)

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

That's cool about the Y. it's always good when you can fit your busy life into something that works for all! Congrats on that!

BTW, I'll join you guys for your training. :)

Kristen Blessing Madl said...

You go girl! You'll be ripped in no time since you don't have any weight to lose, lucky girl!